We have extensive in-house testing capabilities that allow our design engineers to pre-qualify and validate our designs. Cell qualification, cycle-life, mechanical shock, thermal cycling, fire propagation, vibration, environmental compliance, EMC compliance and many other attributes are tested during the design and validation process of a new product. We have close co-operation with globally recognised test laboratories from initial design to final product certification and we provide tested and certified products for global markets.
With clear and precise development of battery technologies and good insight into what is to come. We have chosen two core technologies for our battery solutions: LFP and LTO. With a long lifetime and high safety characteristics, these are suitable for many industrial electrification applications.
Our experienced engineers help our customers choose the most suitable technology, depending on their’ requirements. We can also provide solutions with NMC/NCA technology but quite often, the safe use of these technologies is only viable in mass production with heavy investments in research and development.
In LTO technology anode is not made of graphite, but Li-Titanate (Lithium Titanium dioxide, LTO), often paired with an LFP cathode. Such LFP-LTO cells are referred to as LTO. These batteries are renowned for being:
- Extremely robust
- Safety and longevity-wise approximately 30 x NMC
- Have lower energy density
- Total cost of ownership is low
- Extremely wide operation temperature range
- Very high power charging and discharging possible
LFP cathodes are made of LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron-Phosphate). These batteries are renowned for being:
- Good all-round: Good safety, lifetime, power density
- Quite robust
- Rather economical as they are manufactured from abundant materials.
- No Nickel or Cobolt used
- LFP cells feature a very unique trait: over a very broad range of SOC (state of charge), their voltage does virtually not change. This is good for power electronics.
There are new technologies on the horizon but these are not yet ready for mass production, however we will be ready to offer these too when the time is right.